Friday, April 26, 2013

SNORT

I'm participating in this year's A-Z challenge, and so will be posting daily about a subject focusing on a letter of the alphabet.

They say laughter is the best medicine, and if that's true, then I'm doped to the gills. I love to laugh, and I love being funny. It's like main-lining heroin. (I've never actually done heroin, so I'm just guessing here. It's called artistic license.)

Anyway, the best laughter is the kind you just can't control -- it has a crazed mind of its own, and you're helplessly in over your head. You giggle, you guffaw, you roar from the top of the precipice-- right there on the edge, you lose balance, topple over and dive right in. And next comes... the dreaded SNORT. That sets you off all over again. You laugh till tears run down your cheeks (and if you're a woman, they may run down your legs too. TMI? Come on, you know what I'm talking about. >wink<)

Milk spewing out of your nose, slapping your thigh (not your mama), holding your aching stomach, begging someone to STOP, stop, wait a minute, I've got to BREATHE -- man, those are signs of a good laugh and a good time. Laughter is a delight, a joy, the cherry on the top of life, a romp of the soul. I highly recommend it.

                                                                                                                              Who doesn't love laughing babies?        







                    

12 comments:

  1. Oh...the picture in my mind as I read this! Great post! Still Laughing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm anxiously awaiting the demise of our SNIRT (snow + dirt).
    Faye at Destination: Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncontrollable laughter is definitely the best kind but even better than that is listening to the uncontrollable laughter of a child. :)

    Have fun with the rest of a-z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right on that one, Jessica. There is nothing that compares to that. It is such a joyful noise, and just by hearing it, you can "catch" the joy!

      Delete
  4. I'm passing on the Liebster award to you. If you check my blog on Wednesday, May 1, you can find out what it's all about.

    JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jo, thank you!!!! I'm so excited!!! I am going over right now to read your post. Thanks again.

      Delete