Tuesday, April 16, 2013

NAKED

I'm participating in this year's A-Z challenge, and so will be posting daily about a subject focusing on a letter of the alphabet.

When I started my blog, I pledged to myself that I'd always give you the unvarnished truth. That means sometimes that I have to admit to things that I'd rather not share. If I've had a great race, or had a fun time, or eaten some great meal, or found a product I love, I let you know. But if I completely failed at some effort, or have had something really tragic or horrible happen, I share that too.

That means I often feel like I'm totally exposed. After all, I've never met most of you -- many of us have only Facebook or blogging relationships. I think these friendships are no less sincere than those I have in my "real" life. But still, I often feel I'm putting myself -- my feelings, my soul -- at risk when I'm so transparent. But if I'm not honest, then what's the point of writing down the storeis of my life? I place myself in your hands. I trust. I'll always give you the naked truth.

1 comment:

  1. And that is living out loud, like we both believe in, my soul sister. Even though sometimes it is embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete