Tuesday, April 9, 2013

IF


I'm participating in this year's A-Z challenge, and so will be posting daily about a subject focusing on a letter of the alphabet.

If only...
What if...
If...
If...
If...

Such a small word that can make such a huge impact on people's lives. Those two little letters can take up a lot of  room in people's minds.

"If only" lives in the past. There's just no point to dwelling on it. You can't go back and change anything, so why waste energy? "If only" robs you of the joy of the present.

Negative "what ifs" harm you too. Conjuring up all the horrible things that possibly, maybe, perchance, potentially, might happen can paralyze you so that you don't move forward at all. 

But positive "what ifs" -- ahhhh, now those can enrich and enlarge your life. Can you counter the negative questions with the positive? For example, instead of "What if I fail at attempting this goal?" can you ask yourself, "What if this is the best decision I ever made?" 

What if I can't do it? -- What if you succeed at doing something you love?
What if I'm not good enough? -- What if you are better than you ever believed possible?
What if they don't like me? -- What if you find lifelong friends?
What if they laugh at me? -- What if they applaud?
What if I can't handle the responsibility? -- What if this is your shining moment?
What if I'm not the person I thought I was? -- What if you discover you are more than enough?

Leave "if only" in the past where it belongs. Embrace your future by asking "what ifs" that you can answer positively, and you will achieve your dreams.






No comments:

Post a Comment